TKF E-Learning Consultant Proposal
The Tariq Khamisa Foundation (TKF) is a San Diego nonprofit with the mission to create safer schools and communities by educating and inspiring children in the restorative principles of accountability, compassion, forgiveness, and peacemaking. We partner with schools to conduct a comprehensive Safe School Model that incorporates a continuum of proven prevention programs. TKF is seeking proposals for an independent contractual agreement with an individual, group, or firm to serve as the consultant for moving our social-emotional, educational programming into online learning formats. We are looking for an experienced and creative instructional designer with a strong background in educational development and content delivery to assist TKF with developing and modifying its current educational content so it is relevant, motivational, and engaging students in active online learning. The consultant must have the ability to take large amounts of content and organize, prioritize and formulate a plan to optimize it for becoming effective e-learning coursework. Consultant will need an awareness of and experience with various technology tools and platforms for the delivery of online learning. The selected consultant will work collaboratively with TKF’s administrative team in planning and completing the expected deliverables for this project-based contract. This is a fee based contract with reimbursements negotiated based on agreed upon plans for deliverables completion. Please email proposals along with a resume to Benita Page, TKF Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate E-Learning Consultant in the subject line.
Consultant Must Haves:
- Degree or background in Education, Instructional Design, Educational Technology or a related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience developing e-learning curriculum
- Classroom teaching experience is a plus
- Understanding of middle level (Grades 5-9) learning principles and have a good grasp on how children learn online
- Experience with various software applications, digital learning tools, and learning management platforms
- Knowledge of best practices in curriculum design
- Strong written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including experience with current e-learning tools
- Ability to work independently and reliably in meeting project timelines
- Proactive, collaborative, and flexible
- Available to participate in regular meetings to update organization on project planning, progress, and deliverables
Consultant’s General Focus for Scope of Work:
- Assist in conducting an analysis of TKF’s current technological systems and advise the organization on the inclusion of a standard based learning management system. Selected system must have customizable capabilities to be adaptable for an experiential educational project and have compatibility with technological systems used by schools and educators.
- Design a detailed plan with timeframes for developing, testing, evaluating, and modifying TKF’s current content as an online body of coursework, trainings, and presentations
- Develop and build out the learning platform and prototypes for the TKF’s Restorative Workshop Curriculum and educator trainings. This process will need to include needed videography, animation, and graphics that builds on TKF’s available socio-emotional learning programming.
- Implement a pilot project within TKF’s scope of work to test the developed e-learning prototypes directly with students in partnering school sites
- Evaluate the pilot project through multiple assessment strategies to measure impacts and effectiveness of instruction for the online materials. Collect qualitative design feedback from students, teachers and administrators. Makes recommendations, modifications and troubleshoot the e-learning pilot as needed.
- Complete development of contracted project deliverables within approved guidelines and timeframes